Monday, December 22, 2008

How to Decorate Cupcakes: Christmas






Cupcakes are one of the easiest things to whip up for an impromptu get-together, which is exactly why I made these Friday night. I invited my friends over and needed something quick, so I threw a box of cake mix in the oven and just used store bought cream cheese frosting.
To decorate these cupcakes, simple fill a piping bag (or Ziploc) with your frosting of choice. Cut a hole at the bottom (you want it kind of wide, maybe the diameter of a dime) and start at the edge of the cupcake. Go in a circular motion around the cupcake, working the spiral inward until you reach the top. Release the pressure on the piping bag and pull it away. I sprinkled these with my new faves (glitter sprinkles) for a snowy look (except for that one on the end, that was Brad's and he went with Christmas sprinkles).
To make them even more festive you could put red and green frosting in the piping bag for a nice swirl effect when you pipe.

No comments: